UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: JonathanRoth Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4969  
Subject: Re: Tax Preparation? Date: 3/24/2013 3:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
We use an enrolled agent in CA, 2000 cost us $250, 2012 $450. He also does a trust and my mother's taxes for another $575 so $1025 for three state and 3 federal returns. As far as complexity, Schedules A, B, C, D, E , SE, 1099's, 1098's, 3922, K1's, W2's, and Social Security income.

However, my father was a CPA and I picked up his financial organization. All documentation for all returns are provided at one time and neatly organized, printed, and provided in advance. Which may impact price.

Depreciation information can be gleamed from last year's tax returns. Probably schedule E, for rental income and expenses. If you ask a more specific question about depreciation, a more specific reply may be provided. For example, is there anything being depreciated that is unusual or is it all 27.5 year property?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Buffett's Biggest Mistake
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.