Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Milligram46 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 156991  
Subject: Re: Gangs of New York, Microsoft and Apple Date: 10/15/2012 3:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We will have to see.

I know every little about Windows 8 admittedly. I do know that the government has basically reached a tipping point in its ongoing anti-trust investigation into Google. They've invested so much time and effort, and Google isn't budging or blinking that charges at some point seem inevitable (I don't want to get into a political discussion, I would say charges are inevitable regardless or administration). Too much time, effort and money, and a growing case that Google is inflating its own results to its own properties.

The irony of this "distraction" is just like in the case of Microsoft, the wheels of justice turn so slow that by the time and finding is made, and any potential punishment given, the train will have moved so far down the path that the finding will be irrelevant, but could wound Google worse than if justice moved faster.

I don't think Android tablets will "go away," too much ecosystem in place now. I do think if Windows 8 and the tablets are viable/priced right the march will be slowed.

When I look at Microsoft I ask myself this question. Can they do the same good job they've done managing Microsoft Office and Office 365 together, while holding back the tide of Open Office and Google Docs (gee, wasn't Microsoft Office supposed to be dead by now so claimed some experts). Microsoft and the Office team have done an excellent job in the balancing act.

Or, will this be another sad Windows Phone style flop.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Ubiquiti Analysis
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement