No. of Recommendations: 1
We've had Prime for several years. We use if for 3 things:\

Streaming movies. Selection is not as good as Netflix, but its ok. Periodically first run movies pop up and periodically we find a low cost, non-advertised movie that we like.

No shipping costs on orders covered by Prime. If you do high-volume or high-dollar order activity, this will come in handy.

Downloadable e-books and e-music. I have a Kindle DX and have downloaded a boat load of e-books over the years that qualify as 'Prime'. The number of these has been declining of late as Amazon has gone to a subscription service for what used to be free Prime downloads. But to use this, you'll have to, I believe, have a Kindle device.

One other thing....Amazon streaming, for reasons that I'm sure are crystal clear to technophiles, does not get along with some smart TVs, such as Vizio. We had to switch to a Roku box to be able to stream Amazon movies. Not a big deal, but the Roku is a much better interface than the canned TV widgets.

Good luck

BruceM
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement