Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NoLoadFund Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 80  
Subject: Weekly Volume - buggy? Date: 8/26/2001 11:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Where do the TC2000 weekly volume #s come from?

They don't match the sum of the daily volume.

Example:   MEDQ

Daily Volume:

8/20: 1007
	8/21:  297
	8/22:  947
	8/23:  401
	8/24:  551
==================

Weekly volume:

8/24:  641

??????????????
Print the post Back To Top
Author: NoLoadFund Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 53 of 80
Subject: Re: Weekly Volume - buggy? Date: 8/26/2001 12:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I suppose that makes sense since everything is relative anyway. Volume changes are what is important - not so much the absolute value.

If the absolute volume total for week 2 is twice as great as the absolute volume total for week 1, it will show up as double the volume so long as you divide both absolute volume totals by the same amount - in this case 5.

===========
Tech Support Response:

The weekly volume is the average of the 5 days of the volume during the
week.

Thank You,
Thai Doan
TC2000.COM
Technical Support Agent

Responses to this e-mail should be sent to support@worden.com. All e-mail
and fax communication sent during business hours (Monday through Friday
9AM-11PM and Saturday and Sunday 9AM-3PM EST) should be answered within 20
minutes of arrival. Our fax number is (919) 408-0545. For a quicker
response we recommend calling our voice line at (919) 408-0542. Please
include your full name and user number with all correspondence.

Author: woodg Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 54 of 80
Subject: Re: Weekly Volume - buggy? Date: 8/26/2001 6:31 PM
The weekly volume is the average of the 5 days of the volume during the
week. </I.

I guess I disagree that it makes sense. especially when not noted in an obvious way.

That makes two things about "weekly" that I do not like. One is that it is not "weekly", but instead is the last 5 days. Second is that the volume now is not the volume for the week, but is the average for the last 5 days.

This just means that I have to go elsewhere to stable weekly charts, as the TC-2000 weeklies change every day.

It is appropriate for the last week to change, as it is still growing, but weeks in the past should be stable. Or, at least I should have an option to see a real "Weekly" as well as the "5 day".

-Gary

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement