Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I got a 1099-G from the state of NJ. I moved here in 2007 and did a part-year return last year. I did itemize federally last year (although I usually do not), so that makes sense.

Problem is, on my part-year 2007 return, I *owed* (and paid) taxes to NJ.

The only payment I got from NJ during the year was the property tax rebate that everyone gets. "Ah ha!" you say, "mystery solved". Not so fast. The tenant rebate is $40. My 1099-G says $30.

So, what the heck is my 1099-G for? I had no income tax rebate. The amount is wrong for the property tax rebate.

I can't call the Division of Taxation on the weekend, so I thought I'd ask here in case anyone is familiar with the situation.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.