UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bookgrrrl Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Winner! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308541  
Subject: Weirded Out Date: 4/14/2001 9:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
My DH and I eloped last month (March 15th), in Italy. Since then, we have told family, close friends, and the entire LBYM Board, but have not signed any documents as H&W. I have not taken, nor will I take, my H's name. Finally, since we got married in Italy, our marriage isn't even registered and legal in the U.S. yet (since we're waiting for a certain document from the Italian Law Court before we can register the marriage here).

That's why I'm so weirded out that yesterday, a credit card solicitation arrived in the mail addressed to "Bookgrrrl DH'sLastName." What the - ? And lest you think this is a simple mistake, I should tell you that DH and I lived together for *6 years* prior to our marriage, and this never happened even once.

I'm *so* weirded out by this. How in the world did they get this information?? Do they have a camera in my apartment somewhere?

bookgrrrl <-- feeling paranoid now
Print the post Back To Top
Author: minorcard Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 66337 of 308541
Subject: Re: Weirded Out Date: 4/14/2001 9:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have not taken, nor will I take, my H's name. >bookgrrrl

That is pretty weird, hasn't happened to me in 13 years.

I kept my maiden name as well, DH has only been called Mr.Minorcard :) once and that was by OB/GYN when #1 son was born. Only trouble I have had is sons freinds don't know what to call me, so then I let them call me Mrs. DH last name.
DH was in Italy/Spain when #2 son was born, I was tempted to put my last name on the birth certificate. I was able to control the impulse. Inlaws still have trouble with using my legal name for correspondence.

Marie

Author: concordiax Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 66394 of 308541
Subject: Re: Weirded Out Date: 4/14/2001 7:57 PM
I'm *so* weirded out by this. How in the world did they get this information?? Do they have a camera in my apartment somewhere?

BTW- I loved "The Sixteen Pleasures" too. I need to get back to Italy, but soon...

-Dr./Prof. Concordia X-in-perpetuity

Author: stdupree Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 66414 of 308541
Subject: Re: Weirded Out Date: 4/14/2001 9:58 PM
I dunno if this will comfort you, but i get mail for Brian Dupree, Betty Dupree, and Chris Dupree (presumably meaning my sister "Christine Dupree" but apparently "they" think she is a he, at least they have the age right - high school senior). While Betty and Chrissy did come visit for a week once, usually they are ensconced snug at home 2500 miles away. Brian hasn't even been out for a visit (yet). So how all my family members are getting mail at my address is a bit of a mystery.

I think i once got a letter addressed to my fiancee as "Mrs N... Dupree" but since aren't married yet we just thought it was cute :)

p.s. Congratulations!!!!

-steve

Author: 2195501y Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 66420 of 308541
Subject: Re: Weirded Out Date: 4/14/2001 11:48 PM
Recommendations: 1
I used to get mail addressed to my cat sometimes (I used her name as e-mail username). I even managed to get credit card solicitations for her. They said it in plain English: Dear Kati 2195501y, You have earned it (credit card, that is)!
Well, what could I say: my cat was pretty responsible and hardworking animal, which probably counted towards her "outstanding credit rating"!

2195501y

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement