UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1961998  
Subject: Welch took his column and went home Date: 10/9/2012 6:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
"On Tuesday it was reported that the former General Electric CEO and his wife -- former Harvard Business Review editor-in-chief, Suzy Welch -- would no longer be writing their joint, biweekly column for Fortune magazine and Reuters.com, informing the editors of both publications via email that they were terminating their contract because they felt that they would get better "traction" for their writing elsewhere. The couple's articles have been running on Fortune since March 2012.
The move came after days of withering criticism from both sides of the aisle in response to Welch's tweet last Friday in which he suggested that the Obama administration had possibly manipulated the September jobs report number. "Unbelievable jobs numbers .. these Chicago guys will do anything .. can't debate so change numbers," Welch wrote. The insinuation, which Welch doubled down on after the fact, was that the president wanted to make the economy look healthier than it actually is heading into the November election."

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/jack-welch-takes...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822701 of 1961998
Subject: Re: Welch took his column and went home Date: 10/9/2012 6:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Good for Mr. / Mrs. Welch.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822722 of 1961998
Subject: Re: Welch took his column and went home Date: 10/9/2012 6:45 PM
Recommendations: 0
Make one thing clear, Jack is no Republican, more like an old time Dem.

Depends on the election. Jack's made enough mistakes in his life where he should be a little, teensy bit more humble. He's also about as loyal as an corner street walker.

Author: anniesdad Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1822736 of 1961998
Subject: Re: Welch took his column and went home Date: 10/9/2012 7:12 PM
.....that they were terminating their contract because they felt that they would get better "traction" for their writing elsewhere.

Translation. I’ll hunt around for a publication that won’t call me out on my lies. Maybe the Daily Caller or the Washington Times.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement