UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MacMurph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 9  
Subject: Welcome Date: 8/13/2007 5:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Welcome to 'Folly in Amsterdam' -- I've requested this board to get in touch with Fools who live in the Netherlands in the wider Amsterdam area.

I've started to work in Schiphol Rijk on May 1. for an american Computer company as Technical Support Engineer. My new job also has required that I move to the Netherlands from my hometown Munich

I live in Hoofddorp Florian.

I wonder if there are dutch Fools around, or american/german/french/etc Fools who live here or maybe there is one or the other Fool who works just a few cubicles away from me ? :)

Mac
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Weitzhuis Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 9
Subject: Re: Welcome Date: 5/31/2008 2:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Welkom aan Jou ook !

Ik kom niet van Nederland uit maar ik was in Nederland bijna dertig jaar geleden geweest, aan vacantie. Kan je al Nederlands doen of nog maar Engels en Duits?

- weitzhuis

Author: MacMurph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 9
Subject: Re: Welcome Date: 5/31/2008 3:02 PM
Recommendations: 0
Welkom aan Jou ook !

Ik kom niet van Nederland uit maar ik was in Nederland bijna dertig jaar geleden geweest, aan vacantie. Kan je al Nederlands doen of nog maar Engels en Duits?

The first poster on this board who is not me! Jippieee! Have a rec!

I think I've understood most of your dutch, so you have been in the Netherlands thirty years ago or you lived there for thirty years? That part I don't get.

And are you asking if I can get around in the Netherlands mostly speaking English or German?

I would say so. Most of the time I can get around with English. Sometimes german. The dutch repairmen of my fridge spoke neither of these languages and so it got difficult ;)

Sometimes it takes a while to get, which native language the other person speaks. For instance, I've talked a while with a girl who is serving in a strand bar in Zandvoort before I discovered that she is from Tirol, Austria and she found out that I am from Germany ;)

Love the diversity!

Mac

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 9
Subject: Re: Welcome Date: 8/27/2008 2:26 AM
Are you still working in Amsterdam?

I am working in Assen for the next month or so.
Maybe we can meet up at some point?

Drop me a line.

peace & slow boards
t

Author: MacMurph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 9
Subject: Re: Welcome Date: 8/27/2008 5:12 PM
Recommendations: 0
I am working in Assen for the next month or so.
Maybe we can meet up at some point?

Sounds great! I've never been to Assen which is way in the west and I tend to avoid trips which take more than two hours one-way by train, since I have no car.

To be honest, I never heard about Assen so I had to look it up on Google Earth.

Will you stay there in Assen all the time while you work there or is a little bit of touristy-traveling also on your agenda?

Is it the first time you come to the Netherlands?

We can perhaps meet in Assen, in Amsterdam, somewhere in the middle, whatever, I'm looking forward for it!

Mac
posted and emailed

Author: MacMurph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 9
Subject: Re: Welcome Date: 8/27/2008 5:15 PM
I've never been to Assen which is way in the west

OCD: east

Mac
Duh.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement