Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Welcome back.

How did the hunting go?

Had a hunter shoot from the road across the top of our house this year. After the first shot he went up the hill and shot across the road and over our parking area behind our house. Idiot!

We live 3/4 miles from town.

I hope you are not one of those hunters.
Print the post Back To Top
I am NOT one of those hunters. First off I only hunt birds therefore I'm using a shotgun (not a rifle) so that scenario would never happen. I had a fantastic time! Great hunting & people to hang with. Bucket list gets another check :)
No. of Recommendations: 0
Bucket list gets another check :)

=================================

Was this a new place?

Glad you had a great experience.

Jean
Delta Marsh Manitoba. Manly duck hunting that's for sure. Got to work for dem ducks!
Don't know what kind of ducks they are, but there is about half
a dozen in my pool every morning. Feel free to come and shoot 'em.

~aj
Don't say it unless you mean it
Delta Marsh Manitoba. Manly duck hunting that's for sure. Got to work for dem ducks!

Mmmmm, I loves me some duck! I used to make duckling every year for Christmas. Since it's just me and my wife a roast duckling was the perfect size for a meal and a couple of days of leftovers.

Hunting-wise I always enjoyed pheasent and grouse hunting. Walking through the country enjoying the day, even if we never saw a single bird. Nothing quite like it.

Calabogie
Man is a man, that can bag a grouse. Leastways without a dog. They are artful dodgers, at missile speeds, with sonic sound effects.
I can't argue that! Saw a couple sharptails on the way back in on Saturday. I said can we hunt them? Speaking of fast dodgers you should see a blue bill with a 50 mph tail wind. Holy crap!
Man is a man, that can bag a grouse. Leastways without a dog. They are artful dodgers, at missile speeds, with sonic sound effects.

I've hunted them with and without a dog and you're right about them being tough to hit. Also that burst of sound when they take off will scare the hell out of you if you haven't heard it before. lol

I remember once while hunting I saw what I thought was a cottontail hopping to the other side of a bush as I was walking through a scrub field. I already had 2 rabbits in my game pouch so I relaxed. Suddenly, on the other side of the bush there was the sound of a grouse taking off. The cunning little guy had put the bush between him and me before taking off!

I hunted ruffed grouse but never praire or spruce. I don't know if they're any different.

Calabogie
Advertisement