Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Steadfast7 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 71  
Subject: Welcome GordonG Date: 2/6/2002 11:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The first time I saw your Post ID, I thought no, it can't be my brother. Of course you are not, but Gordon G_____ is my brother's name. And I don't think he invests in stocks. You aren't from Minnesota by any chance?
Wow! To have invested at the IPO price initially must hurt. Just thinking about it hurts. It may take time to get a return on that. Have you picked up on the current bargain? Averaging down can give a much better return in the long run. I've done that before successfully and it "feels" better to make money on the way up as well as reducing the red ink. I've averaged down with this stock too.
The NYSE hasn't been quick to de-list companies lately. I think it's because so many have fallen due to external influences that they don't want the flood of administrative work to de-list and then bring them back on.
Some, like Enron, that don't have much of a chance of coming back have been getting de-listed as soon as the qualifications to list have ceased.
On one of your previous posts, you mentioned a need for down staffing? I tried to research that and came up ZERO. The only public disclosure (and I don't know if its is required to disclose), shows 121 employees and that is old data, very old in fact. I suppose I could just call NPW, but I don't like to do that if all I am doing is speculating or second guessing things I don't have the full picture of. A crystal ball would help.
I'm going to be with NPW for the long haul. If it were just NPW going through this rough time, I would have grave concerns, but it is a general downturn caused by not only enron, but by the general weakness in the industry sector (and Sept 11 didn't help either). Every day, more energy companies are in the news with bad news on stock and decreased revenues. NewPower, not being in the news is actually good news lately. Yesterday RRI (one of NPWs Texas competitors) just delayed their Quarterly reports to adjust a few things regarding the bad news they were reporting.
RRI is one of the providers that is a DEFAULT provider. It is suppose to be a great advantage. They will be reporting a decrease in revenue. I wonder if they will disclose the truth of why the decrease? Bad news for them is good news for NPW (unless something happened to Texas).
Well, I'd better get on with my day. I'll post again in a day or two.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement