UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 91  
Subject: Welcome to the Board Date: 3/16/2011 11:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
It was difficult to figure out where to put this board, as I hope that it will serve multiple purposes. As the name of the board implies, I hope that this can be a place where owners and managers of vacation rentals (VR)can discuss issues that arise with the running of their property. Additionally, discussion of general VR market trends and discussions of companies and industries related to the vacation rental industry are anticipated. I also see it as a good way for those considering buying an investment vacation rental property property to explore the industry, as well as a way for those with second homes to understand how they can help pay for their vacation home by renting it out when not used.

Further, I would like this board to be used to field questions by vacationers, who are either not familiar with the concept, or have concerns over renting a house from an individual over the internet. What are questions that you can ask or steps you can take to make sure you are not being defrauded, and just what is a VR and how is the experience different from a resort or hotel experience are a couple of subjects that come to mind.

What I do not envision for this board is it's use to promote specific VRs or related businesses. The board is to be used to "Educate, Amuse and Enrich," in true Fool fashion, not to advertise. The distinction between these two goals can sometimes be hard to see, so try hard to separate the two.

So whether you are interested in running a VR, or being a customer, you are very welcomed to this board. As boards do, I'm sure it will define itself better with time and posts.

Vacation on!

IP
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement