Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: 7NoTrump One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 130  
Subject: Re: Releasing more shares? Date: 2/17/1999 11:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well, at today's prices that's about 4.5 million shares. I'm glad you pointed this news release out, as I was not aware of it, and was thinking of buying more shares. I think it usually depresses the price at some point, but when I'm not sure. The trading volume is quite low on TBFC, which keeps the price pretty steady (not volatile) for an "internet" company. It's hard to say, with what new stuff they have in the works, whether waiting for the new offer (about 6 weeks for SEC approval?) to depress the price will offset any price increase between now and then. I bought about 5 weeks ago at $35, and now it's already at $45. TBFC is about to get a lot more attention soon by virtue of its relationship with Yahoo, where Yahoo will be marketing a special membership benefits program, including lower minimum balances, higher interest rates, and ATM surcharge refunds. TBFC is also enhancing their website within the next several weeks.

BancBoston Robertson Stephens still has a strong buy rating on this company, and in their last report on TBFC indicated they "expect 1999 to be the year of the internet bank, and as such, believe these shares have plenty more room to go (report date 2/8, market price $47). If the new offering creates a dip in price, it will probably be very short-lived. I think the market will easily absorb these new shares. I also think this company is a Rule Breaker in the making, and only still in the making because it seems to still be relatively undiscovered (and therefore not overpriced).

"Grab some" is the thing to do regardless of when you do it.

Lynn
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement