UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: wycowboy2 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 381  
Subject: Re: farmer wannabe Date: 2/4/2001 5:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well don't grow things that everybody else is a growing. Ya know if ten people are growing tomatoes don't you! It's already hard enuf to sell what I got growin out back right now. Get my drift?

Get you a piece of tillable soil somewhere in the country, and a small farm tractor, cause if yer gonna move to the land, ya might as well get something useful. Leave the greenhouse for winter, when ya can't break ground, unless o'course ya lives in South Florida or South Texas, where it hardly ever gets colder than 32.

I read all about them folks growing tropical plants in the greenhouse and how much money "they claimed they made". What they didn't tell you was how many years it took to develop a marketing plan and actually put into use. And, how long it took for someone to actually take notice of how different their plants were (hardy) compared to the $1.99 ones at Wally World.

Texas and Florida are full of big greenhouse operations that spend all their time and efforts to provide the Wally Worlds and Home Depots with plants.

We're gonna get lucky this year...We hear the big CA tomato greenhouse operators want to set up shop in Southern Wyoming. Why? Because we have all those phosphate pits full of Jim Bridger Powerhouse hot water, that they can use in their hydroponic operations. Good for Wyoming and good for the operators.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement