Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AliceKottmyer Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 49468  
Subject: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/15/2001 4:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 24
So I walked up to Guest Relations at Disneyland Paris on Saturday. Since it was a national holiday (Bastille Day), my annual pass wasn't good for the day. So I was going to buy a one-day pass with a cast member discount.

The CM behind the counter, Timothy, asked me if I had a Silver Pass. I told him that only Store management team members get Silver Passes, and I handed him my cast ID card and told him I'd just take the CM discount. He typed some information into a computer; then he reminded me that I was a member of the EuroDisney Shareholders Club (open to shareholders who own a certain number of shares). I asked him how he knew that. He pointed to the computer screen. He asked me if I had my Club card with me, because the discount was more advantageous than a discount for a Disney Store CM. That was my first surprise.

After I bought my Park ticket, he asked me if I would like to "come in for breakfast." Intrigued, I said, "Sure." He directed me inside to a charming little room, decorated in a Old World decor, with photographs of Walt Disney all over the walls, Disney music piped in from the ceiling, with a coffee/cappuccino machine, free sodas and all the croissants I could pig out on. By that time, it was raining outside like a sonofagun, and I was grateful to be somewhere so warm and cozy. Turns out, that this is a perk for those in the Shareholder Club, that I didn't know about.

Timothy said, "When you are ready to go into the Park, that door over there opens already inside the Park. You do not have to go through the turnstile; we have already swiped your ticket. In the meantime, you can stay here until it stops raining, make yourself at home, and let me know if there is anything else you need."

I felt like flippin' royalty. All I could say was, "Je vous remercie. C'est tres gentil. I can't believe you guys do this."

He honestly looked confused. "Well, you are a shareholder, n'est-ce pas? You make this all possible. The Company is grateful to you."

I damn near fainted.

Just passing it on, FWIW.

alice
Geneva
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ParrotheadFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14648 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/16/2001 7:05 AM
Recommendations: 0
...you are a shareholder, n'est-ce pas? You make this all possible...

Thanks for sharing that, Alice. And as we mentioned before, the Oriental Land Company sent its shareholders free tickets to get into Tokyo Disney Sea.

Disney's one shareholder perk used to be a discounted memebership in The Magic Kingdom Club. I just jumped over to their Web site to see if they were offering this for the MKC's replacement (The Disney Club). It appears that they're not.

PHF

Author: maretsky Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14665 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/16/2001 2:34 PM
alice,

What's the threshold for membership? I've owned shares for quite some time and never heard of this. No big deal, except I hope to be visiting DLP sometime next year and that sounds like a nice perk.

thanks!

-Rob

Author: hockeymomof3 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14666 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/16/2001 2:43 PM
What's the threshold for membership? I've owned shares for quite some time and never heard of this.

Alice, please post your answer here as I, too, would like to know. Been considering a trip there myself for summer 2002 and am always willing to check into means of getting a discount<G>. Their website specifies the discounts available but not the level required to get them.

BTW...I was at the DLP website this morning just looking into the various options. Thought I was getting an online price quote and the next thing I knew, the site thanked me for my reservation and said an agent would be calling me!!! This took me aback as I was just sniffing around...thank heavens there was no credit card info exchanged! Hope I have not waded into something irrevocable....

Teri

Author: ann121850 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14672 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/16/2001 6:53 PM
Hi Alice,
that is so nice of them, at least someplace gives a few perks for being stockholders, I am going to have get some DP stocks.
Ann

Author: TIMROBY One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14673 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/16/2001 6:53 PM
This is of the Euro Disney web site
http://www.eurodisney.com/uk/financial_com/shareholders_club_2.htm

Questions/Answers about the Shareholders' Club (Euro Disney)

For further information on the Shareholders' Club :
By e-mail : dlp.actionnaires@disney.com
By telephone : 01 64 74 56 30
By fax : 01 64 74 56 36
By mail : Euro Disney S.C.A.
Shareholders' Club - B.P. 100
77777 Marne-la-Vallée Cedex 4, France

How can you join the Shareholders' Club?
Just fill out the membership form and return it by mail or by fax along with proof that you are a shareholder, and, if necessary (if you own less than 350 shares), an administration fee of 100 FRF.

Are there any limits to the advantages ?
For Hotel bookings, the offer is limited to 3 rooms per stay. Passports to enter Disneyland Park are limited to a maximum of 10 units per day. For Green Fees at Golf Disneyland Paris and tickets for Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show dinner-show, the offer is limited to 10 per day.

Discount and Privileges

Discounts on entry Passports for Disneyland Park
Annual Passports -15%
1, 2 and 3-day Low season Passports (1) -16%
1, 2 and 3 day High-season Passports (1) - 8%

Discounts on Disneyland Paris Hotels
"Classic" packages or Room only. Low & Mid-season (1) -10%
High season (1) - 5%

Other discounts
Disneyland® Paris Boutiques (2) -10%
Disney Stores Europe (2) -10%
Green Fees at Golf Disneyland® Paris -10%
Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show dinner-show -10%
Table-service restaurants in the Park and Hotels -10%

Your card is valid for two years from the issue date printed on the card. Don't forget to show your card to enjoy Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders' Club discounts! This card is valid for you and any other joint holders if the actions are held jointly.

General terms of membership for the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders' Club
To become a member of the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders' Club you must :
- be a Euro Disney S.C.A. shareholder

- if you own less than 350 (three hundred and fifty) shares, you must:

Provide :
- A completed, signed membership form
- Proof of ownership of Euro Disney S.C.A. shares (photocopy of a recent bank statement or a bank affidavit)
- If necessary, a check for 100 FRF made out to Euro Disney S.C.A. (bankcards accepted)

You will receive your membership card 5 to 6 weeks after sending your completed membership application.

Conditions :

1.The Club is open exclusively to shareholders, individuals only

2. The card is personal and non-transferable; it cannot be exchanged or reimbursed. For jointly held shares, the card can be used by all the joint holders, subject to the signature of the other joint holders on the back of the card.

3. The card is valid for 2 years from the issue date printed on the card.

4. It does not provide access to the Disneyland® Park.

5. Hotel stays must be prepaid and according to the general sales conditions applying at the booking date.

6. The offer cannot be combined with any other special offer or promotion.

7. Discounts are valid only upon presentation of the Shareholders' Club card.

8. If your card is lost or stolen, contact:
Euro Disney S.C.A - Shareholders' Club - B.P. 100
77777 Marne-la-Vallée Cedex 4 - France,
Telephone: 00 33 (0)1 64 74 56 30

You will be billed 80 FRF for each replacement card
9. Euro Disney S.C.A. reserves the right to modify without prior notice the terms of membership and the characteristics of the Shareholders' Club, including the different types and number of advantages and eligibility conditions. Euro Disney S.C.A. also reserves the right to terminate the Club's activities for any reason whatsoever and at any moment, in which case it commits to honor any reservations and purchases made on or before that date as well as reimbursing on a pro rata basis the membership fees for the two years pre-paid (this reimbursement only corresponds to the period during which the Club is no longer operating).

10. The card can be renewed upon request in compliance with the conditions in force at the date of the renewal request.

Contact Shareholder's Club
For further information on the Shareholders' Club

e-mail : dlp.actionnaires@disney.com
Adress :
Euro Disney S.C.A.
Shareholders' Club - Investor Relations
B.P. 100 F-77777 Marne-la-Vallée Cedex 4, France
Tel. : 01 64 74 56 30
Fax : 01 64 74 56 36

Reservations, information on Disneyland Paris
Tel. : 01 60 30 60 72
Fax : 01 64 74 59 20

Author: ann121850 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14674 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/16/2001 6:54 PM
Hi, I am planning on investing in Hong Kong Disneyland, maybe I should see if stocks are available or will be available.
Ann

Author: sklam Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14676 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/16/2001 7:14 PM
Alice,
We're all living vicariously through your postings from overseas. Please keep them coming!

-Steve

Author: gsowders Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14679 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/16/2001 9:39 PM
Hi Alice,
that is so nice of them, at least someplace gives a few perks for being stockholders, I am going to have get some DP stocks.
Ann

Hi, I am planning on investing in Hong Kong Disneyland, maybe I should see if stocks are available or will be available.
Ann

Foolish question(s): EuroDisney and Hong Kong Disneyland are separate companies from Disney? Are they somehow under the Disney unbrella i.e. management, financial? If separate, are these stocks that trade on the US market? What is the synergy between the Mother company and all these babies?

(Don'tcha all just love how I pick your brains? Keeps you on your toes! There'll be an open-PC quiz on the last 500 posts tomorrow! Ha, ha, ha! [I've got to stop drinking coffee after dinner!!!])

Author: Profdsny Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14682 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/16/2001 10:22 PM
I don't know if this was posted, and if it was, please excuse me.
What is the price of a share of DLP stock, and is there a certain number one need own to be intitled to all rights and privilages?

Author: ann121850 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14683 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/16/2001 10:44 PM
Hi,
I realize they are two seperate stocks. But, since I travel to Hong Kong at least once a year. I am thinking of buying some stock. Now, I am thinking of buying some EurDisney stock. Since, this is the time of year I buy my stocks.
Ann

Author: AliceKottmyer Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14692 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/17/2001 2:20 AM
Recommendations: 2
PHF: Disney's one shareholder perk used to be a discounted memebership in The Magic Kingdom Club. I just jumped over to their Web site to see if they were offering this for the MKC's replacement (The Disney Club). It appears that they're not.

EuroDisney has a lot of long-suffering shareholders, so it makes sense for them to offer a perk like that. Perhaps some would argue that Disney's shareholders have also been rather patient lately, and should get a similar perk.

Every year this comes up at the shareholder meeting, and every year Michael gives the same response: we have too many shareholders to make such a thing cost-effective for the Company.

I agree that every one- or two- or ten-share shareholder probably shouldn't get a perk like that. But at some point -- 1,000 shares? 5,000 shares? pick a number -- one would think that some benefits should kick in.

alice
geneva

Author: tpault Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14695 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/17/2001 6:04 AM
Alice: I agree that every one- or two- or ten-share shareholder probably shouldn't get a perk like that. But at some point -- 1,000
shares? 5,000 shares? pick a number -- one would think that some benefits should kick in.

Hmm, I wonder where it would stop though. For 5,000 shares, you get what's behind curtain number 1. For 50,000 shares, you get what's behind curtain number 2. And for 50,000,000 you get this fabulous corporate shareholder junket...Yet that's right...you and a friend will be basking in the lap of luxery at Disney's corporate getaway in Colorado. And you'll be flying in this...your own privately chartered Disney Jet!

Maybe that's how they keep the major shareholders voting their way.

Author: eitelj One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14699 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/17/2001 7:55 AM
I bought my DIS back in `92. Shortly after I bought I received a letter from Shareholder Relations (I think) stating something to the fact that the company would no longer give shareholders free membership in the Magic Kingdom Gold Card, but would now offer membership at a reduced rate. Do any of you old timers also remember this? I went ahead and joined and, to tell the truth, the MKGC was always somewhat of a disappointment. It never seemed to be in effect where I was. Oh well!

OT Alice: My son and I are signed up for a USO-sponsored 20 hour excursion to DLP this Saturday. Depart Heidelberg at 0015 21 Jul and return at 0300 22 Jul. See you there!

Author: Cataline One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14700 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/17/2001 8:19 AM
I have own Disney since the 1980s and it seemed to me that we got a discount on the yearly park pass at WDW. This I used because I lived in Miami at the time. Now wether this was because of a free Disney Club membership or that we got a coupon in the annual reprot for the pass discount.

I always thought this was a great way to reward investors as well as keep income flowing in the parks. I always stayed at Disney and spent money when my kids were young. I was disappointed when this was disconituned.

Cataline

Author: scoopa Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14702 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/17/2001 9:47 AM
How about people who have signed up for Disney's DRIP? They could use this as a qualifier.

Walt

Author: AliceKottmyer Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14707 of 49468
Subject: Re: Well, here's one way to treat a shareholder Date: 7/17/2001 11:47 AM
My son and I are signed up for a USO-sponsored 20 hour excursion to DLP this Saturday. Depart Heidelberg at 0015 21 Jul and return at 0300 22 Jul. See you there!

Unfortunately, I think I'm heading back to the States on Friday. But I hope you have a good time -- and hope the weather cooperates. If not, invest in one of the yellow ponchos.

Isn't USO great??

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement