No. of Recommendations: 2
Well, I certainly liked my job before I retired. I am always surprised at how many malcontents there are on these retirement pages.

If you don't like your job, get some training or something and find one you do like. And if there is nothing you can do that you like, then there is something really wrong with you.

Be useful.

There have been various aspects of my jobs that I likes, however, not one of them would be on my top 10 list of things I like. Heck, they wouldn't even make the top 25.

Also, I've never went into a job that I hated or thought I might hate. What usually happened was a change in management that caused things to go downhill. I will agree with you that when you don't like your job, you should look at changing it. I did it 3 times over my working career.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement