Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Well, I don't know what to say about the "forcing" thing, so I'll move on...

b,

I haven't gotten further than your post, so I apologize if this has been covered, but his original question put people in a situation where they HAD to have group showers (ie. military basic training, et.al.).

The funny part about this is that everyone in my basic training was totally paranoid about this. Our closest experience with group showers up to this point was in gym class at school, but these were adult men in my squadron, so everyone was a bit uptight on how it works and probably self conscious about the way they were built, etc.

I can tell you from experience, though, that sex is the last thing on your mind while you Drill Seargent is screaming at you and fifty other guys saying all 50 or so have 10 minutes to shower and get into your bunk and you had to share 6 shower heads. You get in, you haul-a$$ to get cleaned, you get out. You barely have time to lather up soap before its the next guys turn on that head, so you gotta move fast which means you don't have time to look around even if you wanted to do so.

My first duty assignment was actually worse than BMTS, though since our dorm was being remodeled and it was co-ed. This left 150 men using 3 showers and 50 women using 3 showers. I always had to pick oddball times of day to shower so I could even get in there.

catdaddy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement