Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Well I finally can report my own results from my online purchase of the http://www.invinciblenet.com/ biologon keyboard using IDX software and hardware. Sadly my own experience has not been enjoyable.
The order was placed on Juy 12th. Two weeks later after contacting the company, I found they had lost the order. About 10 days later the keyboard arrived without software or manuals. After again contacting the company by email, I was called by IDX who sent me the software (still no manual for the keyboard) by overnight mail, which somehow took 5 days.
The system is certainly designed for corporate use, rather than as I had hoped a home user. The Keyboard requires a printer port, most people do not have an extra one to spare, and a change to the BIOS setting, not an average computer users favorite job. Also suprisingly the connections were not USB.
The fingerprint reading was easy and painless, however a change to the registry is neccessary for more than 4 fingers per person (why?)
All in all this technology is not ready for prime time. I had hoped to use the finger print logon technology for e-shopping but the software is not set up for this or even web page passwords.
All of this can be corrected easily, however, I wonder if the company is even paying attention to the possiblities that are evident to me.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement