Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: sat216 10+ Year Anniversary! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8108  
Subject: Re: Searching for College Date: 12/21/2000 6:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
well, i have a current situation that has to do with the college process you might like. i'm one of the many students who choose to stay at home (painful as it is) and get a bit of breathing time by going to a community college. i'm going to be transfering next fall to a university, some where far away from home but in-state. i paid my dues to society and now i must continue on with my adventure! just last semester i decided to change my major (another painful process!) from electrical/electronic engineering to business management. this change has been the first and last for me. it has always been either engineering or business management. but now since i've just changed my major i find myself behind in research about my major, such as which degree would be best for me,which major within business management should i follow, reading material, and the like. it is scary to think that i'm about to enter into a very competitive field and i'm not even on the same playing field as the others. so i would be very appreciative if anyone who has majored and who is in the business management field would be willing to answer some questions and help me understand the corporate hierarchy. suggestions to where i can find mentors would be very helpful.

as far as the college experience goes, it has been quite wonderful so far. since i know that i'll be accepted into a fine university next fall (if i choose to go) and i have a great idea for what is expected of me to succeed, i'm quite happy with the way things are turning out. the only bit of advice that i really have for future college students is make sure you plan very efficiently. you must have a PLAN!!! what are you going to major in? dont look for college to point you into the right direction, do some self introspection.. make sure you know what you are looking for or what you might want to do with your future after college. the last thing is make sure you keep to these discussion boards when things get rough, there's no other place like the fool message boards...

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Reestablishing the Middle Class
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement