Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7

...The front page of the local paper.

(Stop looking at me like that, it's not like I've gotten a ticket 'fer barkin' my tires. Right Bill????)

Sunday afternoon got a call from the local P.D. Seems they had a call about a swarm of bees land in a tree downtown and they needed my help. (I could tell that the dispatcher was...overly concerned about the matter. She calmed down when I said that it would bee taken care of.)

Went to the site and collected a very nice size swarm, about 6-8 lbs worth of bees total. Nice thing was they were near enough to the ground to bee shaken off their perch into the swarm box without a ladder. It took 10- 15 mins tops to do the deed.

They now reside in one of my hives. I marched them in yesterday and found the queen. Made sure to get her in there, so they will stay.

Bee well...my friends,

B-man
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
What? No evidence...errr, link? ;-)

ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 4
What? No evidence...errr, link? ;-)

The newspaper up there in Napoleon isn't exactly big on giving out internet content for free, apparently.

http://www.northwestsignal.net/index.html

Kind of a shame, too-- B-man's story is a lot more interesting to me than some township meeting about a movie theater. I hope B-man at least barked his tires as he drove away with all the bees (I don't reckon he'd get a ticket even if he did that-- imagine a cop trying to write a ticket amidst a swarm of bees!)

--JGBFool

No. of Recommendations: 0
...Invite another friend -- from another board, if you will...

Spare a rec...have them drop a drop and say Hello, too...Please ... a short note, saying Hello.

Thank you.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25558009
No. of Recommendations: 1
The newspaper up there in Napoleon isn't exactly big on giving out internet content for free, apparently.

Yea, I was looking through that one. Nothing in the pics section either.

I don't reckon he'd get a ticket even if he did that-- imagine a cop trying to write a ticket amidst a swarm of bees!

LMAO!!

ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 3

"The newspaper up there in Napoleon isn't exactly big on giving out internet content for free, apparently."

We have a winnnnaaa'. They want poeple to subscribe and are afraid that seeing too much of daily dissapointment (paper). Might drive customers away...

"(I don't reckon he'd get a ticket even if he did that-- imagine a cop trying to write a ticket amidst a swarm of bees!)"

Funny you should mention that...

A few years ago a state trooper pulled me over for speeding. In the back of my truck are 3 hives of bees that are being transported back home. The bees will stay in the hives, IF the truck is left running. The vibrations from motor cause them to cluster up in the hive...

The crank for the drivers window was broken off a few years before that time. So I can't roll down the window to talk to the officer normaly...

The black trooper must have thought he had a nutcase in the truck. He shouted out for me to shut the truck off, twice. He had his gun out by the time reached my door.

I kept my hands in sight opening the drivers' door vent so he could hear me. I explained that he didn't want me to shut down the motor.

Why on God's green earth, not? was the reply.

'Cause there are honeybees in the back.

BEES!!!! You're carrying bees!!!! The trooper yelled, Get the H**L out of here!!! You're free to go!!!

That's the last time I got out of a ticket...LOL!!

B-man
"The newspaper up there in Napoleon isn't exactly big on giving out internet content for free, apparently."

We have a winnnnaaa'. They want poeple to subscribe and are afraid that seeing too much of daily dissapointment (paper). Might drive customers away...

Ummm, send me a copy and I'll "share" it with everyone? ;-)

www.bbqfools.com/Bkeeper100.php

ßillƒ

*Oops! I jus' realized I misspelled yer Fool Name*

Bill,

I'm getting the digital photo's of the swarm incident, from the officer who took them. Will send them your way, sometime later today so look for email from me.

Just a heads up for you.

B-man

Hey B-man,

Just a heads up for you.

Cool beans! Thanks!

ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 0

Bill,

Sent them to you

B-man
No. of Recommendations: 6
Sent them to you

Got 'em, and finally posted 'em...

www.bbqfools.com/Bkeepr100.php#B-manatwork

Yikes!! Y'all ain't wearin' much protection to speak of!! And y'all jus' shook 'em outta that tree!!?? Are y'all nuts!!?? Never mind, we already know the answer to that question. <bg>

So, how many times did y'all git stung?

ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 2
cool pics, b-man .... not many folks on the street ... is dat a ghost town? lol i think i woulda worn a long-sleeve shirt ... but dat's just me~
No. of Recommendations: 6

"Got 'em, and finally posted 'em..."
Looks good. The Lt kinda enlarged up the photos a
bit. He didn't want to get closer than 20-25' to the swarm.

The picture in the middle is right after the swarm has been shaken off into the box. The bottom pict is checking out to see if the queen has gone into the swarm-box along with the rest of the bees. The top one is just before I left to return to the farm.

"Yikes!! Y'all ain't wearin' much protection to speak of!!..." Just what is needed. I've never had a hankering for getting a stinger in the eye, ear or nose. The helmet and veil only come off if a closer look is needed.

"...And y'all jus' shook 'em outta that tree!!?? Are y'all nuts!!?? Never mind, we already know the answer to that question. <bg>"
If you already know the answer, why do you ask the question, Grasshopper? <BG>

So, how many times did y'all git stung?

Just once...This time.

Bman
No. of Recommendations: 4

"cool pics, b-man .... not many folks on the street ..."

Nope, just a typical Sunday, uptown at about 5:30 pm. The cops were keeping everyone away, just in case...

"lol i think i woulda worn a long-sleeve shirt ... but dat's just me~ "

A storm was coming up and a swarm is the most gentle time of a bees life. They have no hive to defend...yet.

B-man

The picture in the middle is right after the swarm has been shaken off into the box. The bottom pict is checking out to see if the queen has gone into the swarm-box along with the rest of the bees. The top one is just before I left to return to the farm.

OK, made a coupla adjustments...

www.bbqfools.com/Bkeepr100.php#B-manatwork

ßillƒ
Advertisement