Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Well, I visited the foot doctor today and the toe was not black when he took off my sock and dressing! It was back to near normal color! It was black as coal for 2 days! Now it's normal? I don't get it.

The doc did say it looks like I have one nasty infection going on which is due, in part, to the lack of blood flow into my feet.

So, he prescribed 2 different pills and 3 creams to tackle the problem and to see him in a week. I still have to visit the vascular doc at the end of next month to fix the blood flow plumbing but that's a whole lot better than..... I asked him what if it was gangrene that had taken over the toe. Bye, bye leg. Not just the ankle or from knee down but the whole thing.

I'm going to mark this day as being a day I won another personal lottery win in the game of life.

Maybe following all those rules diabetics are supposed to follow are finally paying off for me when it counts most. FWIW.

Best regards,
Duane
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement