UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: spacebound11 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76392  
Subject: Re: SSO for Long-Term ROTH Date: 3/6/2014 10:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Well it seems Leverage ETFs are something of a sore spot for some. I would agree with most of you in that I can simply invest in index funds and well off companies and ride the market for 40 years to hopefully a healthy and substantial retirement. I was just curious about what you Fools thought. Thank you for your input. I have read numerous posts and several articles and most preach having nothing to do with them. I'm going to get into a S&P 500 index for my roth and do my best to max it out per the TMF recommendation. I'm just wanting to get started the best I can. Being in the military, there are no matching investing programs to dump money into. Also, if I'm lucky, the airlines normally don't offer any retirement package either. So again thanks to everyone for their input. I'm sure these funds do have a use in some aspects but I'll choose the time tested route.

-Brandon
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement