Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: thedofca100 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19372  
Subject: Re: Help! medicare costs more than regular insur Date: 6/26/2008 3:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well, it's an interesting discussion. Yes, I was well aware that the company was subsidizing our insurance substantially. I even know what they claim to pay per employee for our insurance and it's a lot. However, my point really is that I thought Medicare was supposed to take over for the company.

Yes, I am in the Bay Area. Our Supplemental Care policies in our county suck, if you'll pardon me. If we had to do it we would, but it doesn't use what are thought to be the "best" doctors. I have friends using it who are satisfied and others who use Kaiser who are satisfied so if we go broke we'll always have that as a fall-back. The company continues to cover the medications so I don't have to worry about Part D.

I haven't read each one of your responses in detail yet, but I'm beginning to feel that the answer to my question doesn't really exist. To get good Medicare coverage it costs a lot.

I guess I continue to wonder why BC/BS is so expensive when it appears that Medicare A & B cover mosts fees. That may still be my bottom line question.

Thanks for all your help and comments. I didn't know this question would elicit so much response. I totally agree that there is something wrong with our health care system but I'll be dead before they fix that problem I have a hunch, and I'm still healthy.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Should You Be an Index Investor?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement