UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 42  
Subject: Re: DRIP Investing Date: 3/8/2000 12:38 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well now I know I am in the same financial lifeboat with a lot of other people.
I am also 29, and I just recently decided I had better wake up and start investing despite the bills, student loan repays, et al.
I am trying to learn all I can about investing, and I think the Fools are the best refrence I have found to date.
Mabye we can actually start a meaningful board where we can all learn from each other, or (gasp) from each others mistakes.
I recently opened an account with Ameritrade, but I admit I am still a little afraid to dive in and spend that money on stocks when I am not exactly sure if what I am doing is correct.
I would love to hear from anyone who has experience with DRIPs. These sound like a great idea, but I need to learn more about it.
Let's hear from you Fools!

I agree with the hope that we will be able to LEARN things on this board. Sometimes people get into petty squabbles on these boards and nobody learns a thing. Hopefully we can avoid this.

I set up a PFE DRIP this past September, a KO DRIP this past November and I'm using TOT to set up an ENE DRIP (it is pretty much set up, all I need is for ENE to send me my account info.) I first learned about DRIPs in the book Investing Without a Silver Spoon written by Jeff Fischer (TMFJeff). This book, as well as the two DRIP Boards:

Drip Investing - Companies:
http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?id=1030009004096001

and

Drip Investing - Basics:
http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?id=1030010003170001

are pretty much all you need to get started DRIPing. The boards have FAQ's which should help immensly, and if you still have questions there are more than enough Fools there to answer them.

As far as not being sure about investing yet, remember not to rush into anything you aren't comfortable with. Investing should not be done unless you are financially and mentally ready to invest. You should study companies exstensively first (due dilligence or DD), and make sure your high interest debt is paid off first (no sense starting off behind the 8-ball.)

Good luck and Fool on!

Mike
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement