UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: altstrat91 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35367  
Subject: Re: On "Sharing Info" Date: 5/11/2012 12:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
well that makes sense then and now i comprehend your logic; your particular style that is. you are really more of a journalist and/or this is a medium for you to merely think out loud and go through a deliberation process of sorts or get to point Z from point A & you are clearly not interested necessarily in gaining info from anyone else or sharing said info. you should seriously put that in your sig line and i think most people would get it then and leave you be.

for me i have no use for an ignore feature because i am interested in hearing what everyone has to say and making as much money as possible. i know your posting style is one of hindsight after the position is closed before you will elaborate or speak upon a specific issue or trade for a particular reason. but at some point in the future, i would really like to hear how or what you have been buying the last few months when it comes specifically to corp notes.

you have a pretty strict and pre-defined formula in terms of how you emphasize a real rate of return factoring in taxes, inflation, etc. and how this drives you to select your particular positions. so depending on the risk you are taking for a particulr issue, the time frame, and in your words if you are poperly being compenstated for said risk in the position, it sounds like and i might be wrong, but if your yield is say 6%, a medium BB+ grade say, the reality is that once you plug in your methodology the real rate of return is close to zero or possibly negative. if this is the case, again, i think it would be really interesting in the future to hear a couple examples or scenarios about what you were doing this portion of the cycle that we are in.

but right now there is truly an inverse trade off between yield and credit quality. i would venture to guess that at this specific point in time, in terms of corp notes, you are buying perhaps less than you did say 12-18 months ago when this interest rate/yield dramatic cylce was not so played out like it is now.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement