Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AirForceFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756  
Subject: Well vs. Good Date: 4/23/2010 12:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
For some reason, folks using the word good instead of well bothers me at the cellular level... not sure why... just does... :P

http://www.ehow.com/how_117277_fix-misuse-word.html

Chris
Who needs to stop correcting people... but I've almost got the boss trained... sigh...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: barneybetty Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 751 of 756
Subject: Re: Well vs. Good Date: 4/23/2010 12:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
The use of less for fewer drives me crazy. I shop at Publix because the express checkouts have signs "20 Items or Fewer".

BB

Author: AirForceFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 752 of 756
Subject: Re: Well vs. Good Date: 4/23/2010 10:26 AM
LOL.... nice... now I've got two things to drive me nuts... Thank goodness the wife does most of the shopping... I'll try not to look next time I'm stuck running in for something... sigh...

Chris

Author: lewisduckworth Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 756 of 756
Subject: Re: Well vs. Good Date: 4/4/2012 2:06 PM
It's all well and good, but:

You may be a good skier, but you ski well.

You can feel good and you can feel well, but one implies your mental state while the other is describing your health.

And when someone asks you how you are, if you respond with “I am good,” you are telling them what type of person you are. I suggest dropping the ego, and letting them know about your general state of being.

http://trmackes.blogspot.co.uk/2008/02/thats-all-well-and-go...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement