UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: wecoguy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10514  
Subject: Re: Speakers Date: 1/18/2013 3:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well, we had a good hint of it when I bought the subwoofer a year or more ago, discovered the hidden menus for the Yamaha Receiver that made i work, BIL has some denon gear, I forget the speakers, but he drops a lot of his OT checks into his setup.. he helped figure out the old setup, but when the receiver messed up, I took it back to the TV speakers... Now, we're back where it should be...

I noted on another thread I have the harmon-kardon Soundsticks on my Mac, but I have another set, one that had hum if connected to the old CRT Samsung, so now I need to try it on the 40" in here... beats even the AST-1010 price! Small room, if it works, maybe the simplest for me..

Setup of the AST-101 wasn't quite as simple as I expected, but doable...Like a lot of manuals, they need some study...

Ahh, well, I'm down a ways in the wine country, Sonoma County of Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino fame, more vines than ever here as the big boys come in... My Western Electric 40 years took me all over Northern Calif, Nevada, South Pacific, Hawaii, company schools all over the country... they figured out I grasped techy details early on, tried to promote me, but I stayed in craft, Field Engineer or Systems Analyst seems to fit what I did... From major power systems to microwave, multiplex, switching, toll, and at the last cellular systems for Verizon, Sprint in this area...

We, wile we have our health, like to travel, but this economy has made us cautious, so dropped back to every other year a major trip.. Last year was Russia, St Petersburg to Moscow on the Viking river cruise.. great trip.. Surprisingly friendly people, country, but with no English on any of the signage, we stuck close by our guides.. Cyrillic alphabet isn't always what it seems, to us!

Kids, grown, grandkids keep us busy, but this year landscaping will be the major effort, with some time off to go camping in the SouthWest, chasing the Anasazi Indian sites, towns, trails...

We've still to do the Inland Passage and on up to Alaska, one day it'll happen. Also Northern Europe, Scandinavia, really need o go chase ancestors... Dad's father was a ship's carpenter, supposedly, jumped ship here in San Francisco, settled here in the mid 1800s... Need to go find out!

Anyway, lots of interests, TMF feeds many... get to 'meet' some great people!

Onward! Weco
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement