Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
When I was hired they told me that I would need to complete some coursework to obtain my treasurer's license, so that I could at some point move from asst. to the treasurer... I will eventually become the school's treasurer when the current one retires. It does not really change what I do as far as day to day operations. Just once I become a treasurer I will get a nice increase in sal and benefits.

Any thoughts as to if this helps the deductibility.

I guess, if I don't get the license, they won't keep me around as the assistant because I will be of no use to them? But, they did tell me that when I was hired I would beed to complete the coursework required.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.