UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 749512  
Subject: went to the shooting range Date: 9/4/2012 8:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
last night, coughing this morning, I could really smell the what is it? cordite? in there on the range I was on. I shared the lane with that happy go lucky woman crazy about guns with the Baretta .380 I liked so much. I shot her new I forgot the name...it's Hungarian I think it was a .38...she was breaking it in and me and another woman helped in doing so. I didn't like it at all. Those small guns feel like a cannon going off in my hands. I know I can get used to it though. It does have stopping power and that is what's most important in self defense situation. She's conceals it, in her pants, in her bra, under her arm and she showed me while we were standing there how she does. She's a "fluffy" woman so she has numerous hiding places. Picture one enlightened dog last night.

On the way into the range last night, I talked to the group founder, she had been dating one of the range instructor....the one who I said was good at instructing. Well, she told me that that's over after two wks.....he had anger issues and she knew he would blow up when she told him she didn't want to date anymore so she texted him that info and told me his reply was explosive. She also shared that she didn't have sex with him although he tried like hell. Gawd, what a nightmare....that's a big fear of mine to go with some guy like this. I read about all these guys going berserk when g/f or wives leave them, killing them or harming them in some way.

Anyway, the woman I shared a range with was looking at guns and I wanted her to find a Baretta similar to hers, they don't make that model anymore. The formerly dated range instructor was there and in casual conversation it came up that he was single, the woman who had told me was married to a cop, said she was too, and I kept my mouth closed because I didn't want to give him any ideas although he looked at me to say my status. Oh please, make him go away! The woman surprised me, she inferred that she has a male friend and that male friend is with benefits!!!!! Lord Almighty.....she's about 10 yrs younger than me I would think. The guy is fresh out of divorce and desperate for sex apparently.....i get this from the way he always offers up that he's single and wanting to date.

Gosh, I feel like an old fashioned dog wanting a one and only and not looking around for more. I exchanged info with the woman because I think she knows more about guns than I do and she has a cheery personality. Underneath all cheer is a food addict and pain, lots of it.

I don't like it that I'm coughing this morning from the fumes at this range though, makes me wonder if there is a meter I can wear to check exposure to dangerous metals. Hey tele, do you know?

LuckyDog cough cough
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement