Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cat2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 32  
Subject: We're here!! Date: 4/6/1998 5:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi all! Well, we're finally here and I hope it will be a productive tool for our club. This gives us a forum for discussions whenever it is convenient for each of us. I suggest that we try to log-on to this site every day or so and check for messages concerning our club. Many thanks to Beth for finding and setting up this site. Carol
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mbether Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 32
Subject: Re: We're here!! Date: 4/6/1998 5:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
You beat me by 1-minute for posting! Glad to have the company. Can you believe the market today & how little our portfolio profitted? Oh well, study, study, study.

Author: Selorac Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 32
Subject: Re: We're here!! Date: 4/7/1998 7:51 AM
I'm here, too. Saw an interesting article on suction cups in WSJ. I thought it might me an industry to check out. Lynch said to look at uninteresting businesses. Have to sort 4 pages of a tour and mail to 80 LOC affiliations by tomorrow. The Ladies of Charity are having a convention in Orlando in Sept. Read my name backward.

Author: mbether Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 32
Subject: Re: We're here!! Date: 4/7/1998 12:22 PM
need the other 11 and some stocks to banty about. Do like the availability, though, for those of us who are wired. thanks for the tip on deciphering your name. don't we need med-cap stocks accoding to our div. table? Also think we might look at the top stocks in BI & check & see if any are in the buy range & possibly make an exception to the 5 yr rule.

Author: Selorac Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 32
Subject: Re: We're here!! Date: 4/8/1998 10:15 AM
Did you check out the top 100 companies owned by clubs? How did so many justify buying Lucent? I haven't been on the I-Club email for awhile. Has there been any discussion re this? Just curious. Suzie

Author: mbether Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13 of 32
Subject: Re: We're here!! Date: 4/8/1998 10:57 AM
CLubs have over-ridden their guidelines with good reason. Seen it mentioned with regard to Safekin & Lucent. There's more to making judgments than the SSG--that's the beginning. Researching a company via electronic or print mediums (including annual reports) are a big factor in many stock decisions. I think our members have only begun to learn the process, but are making gains, which is our aim.

Author: Jackbfool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22 of 32
Subject: Re: We're here!! Date: 4/25/1998 12:29 PM
I am thinking of starting a club. How do you like your's and if you don't mind my asking where did you get the list of top 100 stocks purchased by investment clubs.

Author: Selorac Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23 of 32
Subject: Re: We're here!! Date: 4/30/1998 7:34 AM
We belong to the NAIC. When you join, you get a subscription to Better Investing magazine, which is where I saw the list. Even with the hoopla re the Beardstown Ladies, I recommend you get their book and read it and then start an investment club is a cinch. That is what I did. I asked a group of about 8 friends to each bring one or two friends and for 2 months we went through organizing our club. Some dropped out before we began, which was fine. You must realize as each member also must realize that this is a vehicle for education, not the vehicle to making money fast...smart yes, but we look at our $25 monthly payment as tuition and we are making money, but it is slow. BUT, I have had the courage and tools to begin my own portfolio that has remained above 30% even in the downmarket by purchasing DRIPs (dividend reinvestment Plans)You want the first book by the Beardstown Ladies. Good Luck

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement