Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Were you living overseas in 2010?

For more than 6 months, enough to pay foreign taxes. I wish I hadn't mentioned this, though, since it's not relevant to the IRA. It's only relevant to why I'm not doing my own taxes this year.

Go ahead and make the maximum contribution for your age ($5,000 under age 50; $6,000 age 50 and above). If it turns out you weren't eligible for all or part of it you can correct it by 10/15/2011.

Roth or Traditional?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.