UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: silja Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12878  
Subject: West L.A. Social Event on Mondays Date: 8/22/2001 7:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Just in case anyone else thinks that the market may be at or near a bottom, and that things may improve in the future, I would like to suggest informal get-togethers to socialize and swap opinions.
First meeting will be at a place convenient to Fools in both West L.A. and the San Fernando valley:

Bel-Air Bar & Grill
662 N. Sepulveda Blvd.

The Bel-Air Bar & Grill is on the east side of the 405 Freeway, 2 blocks north of Sunset Blvd. Park on Moraga Drive (which is also an exit from the northbound 405). Look in the patio for a table with a Fool-type sign or object.

Between 5:30pm and 7:00pm on Mondays (with the first meeting on September 10th) should be o.k. This should hopefully be a slow night, with lots of empty seating. I propose a no-host, happy hour format, with dining for those who wish.

No reservations are necessary... just show up!

silja
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tkrlzrd Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6617 of 12878
Subject: Re: West L.A. Social Event on Mondays Date: 8/23/2001 8:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Well, distance prevents an appearance by Lizard & OCM, but it's a good thing your meeting's won't conflict with Monday Night Football...

Or is there a big screen outside?

Woops! Sorry~ this isn't The Frozen Tundra, (or Gimme My Sports) is it?

(or HDI!)

sillylizard

Ÿ

Author: CassWoman Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6618 of 12878
Subject: Re: West L.A. Social Event on Mondays Date: 8/23/2001 6:44 PM
Hey, I can show up as my Monday evening schedule permits!

Since I moved to town just two months ago, I've been slowly learning my way around, meeting people, and generally getting better acquainted with the city. And I can certainly wind my way down Sepulveda to find this place! (I live at Sepulveda and the 101 in Sherman Oaks.)

I'll be there on the 10th, definitely!

Cassandra

Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6619 of 12878
Subject: Re: West L.A. Social Event on Mondays Date: 8/23/2001 7:07 PM
Hey, Cass!!! How ya doin', chick?? (Have I told you guys that Cass is the COOLEST?)

Did you see that I'm moving?

Ishtar

Author: EJWaits Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6621 of 12878
Subject: Re: West L.A. Social Event on Mondays Date: 8/24/2001 12:28 AM
Bummer... Monday is one night I can't make it.

Fool on...

EJDubya

Author: work765 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6624 of 12878
Subject: Re: West L.A. Social Event on Mondays Date: 8/26/2001 7:26 PM
i was wondering about how many people are planning on showing up to this meeting? If its more than five or so, i will try and rearange my schedule to make it.

Author: rw124c41 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6635 of 12878
Subject: Re: West L.A. Social Event on Mondays Date: 8/30/2001 2:28 PM
I'll be there at 6:00 pm

Rick

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement