UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 176543  
Subject: Westboro Date: 12/17/2012 3:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Shirley Phelps-Roper, a spokesperson for the Topeka, Kan., Westboro church and daughter of church founder Fred Phelps, put on Twitter, "Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment."
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174996 of 176543
Subject: Re: Westboro Date: 12/19/2012 12:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
If they are stupid enough, insensitive enough and tasteless enough to pull that, Newtown may not have seen its last of violence.

Author: trismus Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 174999 of 176543
Subject: Re: Westboro Date: 12/19/2012 1:37 PM
Recommendations: 1
I wonder if the people of Libya, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Palestine, etc, etc, just shrug their shoulders and utter those callous words, 'collateral damage'.

Children are children, innocent victims, wherever they may be.

We had the shock of this in Dunblane, Scotland, it's awful, worst nightmares come true.
We have also, always had pretty strict gun laws, laws that were tightened up after Dunblane.
There was no mad rush here to buy guns.

Exactly the opposite is happening in the USA, people are going out and buying more of the type of weapon used in this latest 'kiddie carnage' in case there is a clamp down/ban on them.

Madness, the more guns out there, the more chance of these tragic events occuring.

Work in a china shop, you will break cups. Carry guns, someone will get shot.

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175000 of 176543
Subject: Re: Westboro Date: 12/21/2012 3:38 AM
If one of these wackjob killers shows up where you are, ready to kill, if nobody else there has a gun and can shoot straight, maybe YOU might be one of those that gets killed.

Author: trismus Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175001 of 176543
Subject: Re: Westboro Date: 12/21/2012 7:59 AM
If one of these wackjob killers shows up where you are, ready to kill, if nobody else there has a gun and can shoot straight, maybe YOU might be one of those that gets killed.

America is full of guns, America has more of these atrocities than any other civilised country.
It's not difficult to see the connection.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175002 of 176543
Subject: Re: Westboro Date: 12/21/2012 10:08 AM
<<
America is full of guns, America has more of these atrocities than any other civilised country.
It's not difficult to see the connection.
>>

It is not difficult to see the connection of British imperialism and the death of millions of Irish during the potato famine either. If the Irish people had been as well armed as we are the British landlords would not have been exporting food while millions starved!

It is not difficult to see the connection of a lack of a well armed population and the genocide, and ethnic cleansing that goes on in many countries around the world. It has also gone on here with our treatment of native American populations.

In general we do not trust our government. I am not sure any people should!

Author: trismus Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175003 of 176543
Subject: Re: Westboro Date: 12/22/2012 9:05 AM
The NRA is calling for armed guards in schools.

By that logic, throwing water to a drowning person is a good idea.

Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175004 of 176543
Subject: Re: Westboro Date: 12/22/2012 12:42 PM
Recommendations: 2
I heard that Columbine HS had 2 armed security guards, it did not help much....

Author: 1946dodge Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 175006 of 176543
Subject: Re: Westboro Date: 12/25/2012 11:34 PM
Let the NRA pay for armed guards in schools. After all, if they insist on having access to guns for everyone, this puts everyone else at risk and THEY should pay for our protection. Tax them heavily for buying and owning a gun (like an excise tax) and use that money to pay for all the cops we will need to patrol the schools, malls, theatres, etc.
Those of us who don't own guns shouldn't have to pay for this.
After all, the NRA is full of conservatives who don't want the government involved in anything, so why should the bill for protecting the public from gun nuts be paid for by the government?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement