UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: markdavo1 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 6186  
Subject: Wet Behind the Ears Date: 3/15/2000 4:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Good day fellow fools. I'm a new entrant to this world of tom foolery and would appreciate some advice regarding on line trading companies.

I've heard that Sanford Securities offers a prompt, well managed and reasonably priced trading service.

What are your experiences, what other companies have you found to be the best?

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Barcoo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1239 of 6186
Subject: Re: Wet Behind the Ears Date: 3/15/2000 8:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
If you have heard that about Sanford I presume it was from one of their ads.
On another forum I go to Sanford and Comsec are bagged all the time for being down. They are nicknamed Sanf**k and Comsux.
Personally I use etrade and apart from a few minor glitches I am happy so far. Really I suppose it depends how time specific your trading/investing is. If your timeframe is short then an inefficient site WILL cost you money. If your timeframe is long then it might not matter if you can't get on today as long as you can tomorrow.

Author: demiller1 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1240 of 6186
Subject: Re: Wet Behind the Ears Date: 3/16/2000 4:41 AM
I had to recommend that one... well said

Author: jgm43 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1243 of 6186
Subject: Re: Wet Behind the Ears Date: 3/19/2000 12:43 AM
WBTEars,
Sanford are my favourite pick of the internet equity sites available for the Australian market.

They are quick to download and offer different levels of service. However, the full bangs and whistles access costs a lot. I would personally have to see a good profit line of my own to justify this expense.

HSBC is also very fast. But call me a Luddite. I still cannot go past seeing print on paper at the end of the day.

Author: clemensm Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1244 of 6186
Subject: Re: Wet Behind the Ears Date: 3/19/2000 4:44 PM
I have used ComSec without experiencing the hassles others have described. What I like most about them is you do not have to have cash deposited in their account (unlike TDWaterhouse, who I also use) and E*Trade.

The reason I do use TDWaterhouse is you can buy any security, not just the top 150 Companies that ComSec restrict you to.

I did try E*Trade once to trade, but that was when they were having problems with a hacker who put them off-line for a couple of days.

I find ComSec's Watch Lists great to use as is their free company research. I use TDWaterhouse's free Portfolio Valuation service to monitor my gains.

I have not used any other e-brokers so cannot say they are any better/ worse as I have no complaints so far with the 2 I've used - I always get through and service is prompt.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement