UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wildgirl Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308858  
Subject: Wet Wednesday Update..OT. Date: 10/16/2002 7:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 10
Other than needing 20 more wait staff.. I am good to go. I wore a dress, pantyhose, and heels to a favorable response today. I told the boss and construction crew NOT to expect this everyday since I owned only 2 dresses. We were mobbed all day.. construction, electricians, dish washer set up techs, both owners of the restaurant, the newspaper people, a big crew of cleaning people, a nice amount of applicants and NO one wants to wait tables. My G-d.. I am worried.. Our corporate trainers fly in this weekend. Orientation is next Tuesday. Now the fun starts up.

When did pantyhose get so expensive? I bought a pair last night, and rued not spending the extra few dollars for SUPPORT hose. I'll be fixing that soon! Heels, 170 lbs, weak knee and ankle and cement and slate floors don't mix!

Boss tells me today with me ducking out of school for winter semester..(After he got done smiling!)

"Any shift, as many hours as you want because you have earned the first choice." I know I have at least 2 mornings in the office over the weekend. The other 5 I can wait tables. Mom Wild sent me a check so I can pay Aspire Visa. Since I let it go so long and the bill is due Friday they will get me one 15 dollar fee for paying over the phone. That's ok. They won't get me again. You see, I'm giving up being poor. I was poor all my life. Someone else can have that class. The tabletops went on today. In my mind, I see the lines out the door. This will happen. I see that money in my mind. Thank G-d. I have nearly 15 thousand dollars out in card debt. It won't take me long at 7 days a week. My only regret is that I can't make the week longer.

wild :)
so so ready to have the Grand Opening!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: coolprash Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 142899 of 308858
Subject: Re: Wet Wednesday Update..OT. Date: 10/16/2002 10:12 PM
Recommendations: 0
try mailing out a cheque tomorrow and sometimes if you tell them that you mailed the cheque out a week back, a little lie will save you $15. they may not charge you the "over the telephone fee."

also you can see if they take payment over the internet, that also saves you on cheques and postage.

good luck

Author: wildgirl Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 142916 of 308858
Subject: Re: Wet Wednesday Update..OT. Date: 10/17/2002 7:57 AM
Recommendations: 1
This card is Aspire Visa. They aspire all right to keep you broke at that 19%. If you are late twice the interest goes up to 33%. Ow! I have managed to get the money up to pay over the phone. This fee I have to swallow. Shame on me.

does so hate fees.

Author: Neglectarino Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 142962 of 308858
Subject: Re: Wet Wednesday Update..OT. Date: 10/17/2002 3:38 PM
Recommendations: 3
You probably already know about this, but...

Pantyhose:

http://www.onehanesplace.com/

Slightly irregulars. I saved a bundle by ordering these when waitressing. Combine orders with friends & save by bulk ordering.

-Neglectarino

Author: wildgirl Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143200 of 308858
Subject: Re: Wet Wednesday Update..OT. Date: 10/18/2002 7:30 PM
Recommendations: 1
You are so right. I am the curvy girl size..

www.justmysize.com Hanes for big grrls.

worked those stockings to death today.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement