UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TamarianG Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 42361  
Subject: We've got a baby boy Date: 8/2/2004 11:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 61
Bacon Bit arrived at 8:26 in the morning on July 29, 2004. He weighed in at 8 pounds, 4 ounces and is, in a word, perfect. I don't know why he's a Bacon Bit - he just is. Maybe because he's tiny, irresistible, and being tossed into a huge old mixed salad and expected to hold his own?

The c-section went well; I can now say that a planned c-section is pretty cool! The other three have all been varying levels of emergency, a lot more like dropping into a Rescue 911 show than having a baby. People asking you the same dumb question nineteen times just to make sure you're not, you know, dead; trying to get an IV in while the gurney is in motion, that kind of stuff.

But this time, the IV site was carefully chosen and gently administered, proper hydration and medication procedures were followed, I hadn't just eaten an enormous plate of curried chicken, and I actually got to hold and nurse Bacon Bit a little over an hour after his birth. I'd come to just sort of expect that I wouldn't so much as glimpse the baby for about twelve hours or so, so it was a pretty big deal for me. :)

Oh, and during his delivery, when they were triumphantly raising him up out of the belly - he peed on me! That's'a m'boy! Not a minute old, and already marking his turf! "Ah yes, THIS is mine, and THAT is mine, and..." Everybody present laughed so hard we had to be told to hush up.

We just got home yesterday, so we're still settling in and stuff. The girls are fascinated by the new baby, which naturally means that he's in grave danger from everything from getting beaned with eagerly shared toys to having his bassinet knocked over by over-enthusiastic rocking. He and Eldest spent about ten minutes tonight looking at each other, she giggling and himself just...staring. Like, "Whoa - that big blurry thing, it keeps making this noise...THERE IT IS AGAIN!!"

Now all I have left to do is finish healing up enough to get back in the saddle, figure out what the new groove is going to be, get the laundry done and help Eldest put together her Star of the Month poster.

Sigh. Where did I put that bottle of Motrin...?

Onward!
Tamarian
...lovin' every minute of it...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement