Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: saglek One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 334  
Subject: What about the "sex" appeal Date: 7/20/2000 5:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What about the sex appeal of owning a few shares in a winery. You know,leave the annual report and a photocopy of a share certificate on the coffee table,when friends come over they are duly impressed and you can open a bottle of 'your" wine for them.

Don't use the hard-earned money to invest in the wine stocks but the "easy" money you got from somewhere ie;gambling, wife's inheritance etc.

If most guys wanted to die in a whore house, a winery with some good blends all around and open would be my second choice.

Think I'll get a few shares of RVWD,possibly MOND,BERW and maybe even VCO--I said a few shares like from BUYandHOLD. BUT I will do some HEAVY research on their wines before I take the plunge.

Fool On and Sip wisely,
Saglek

Trying Robert Mondavi Woodbridge 1999 Sauvignon Blanc with some kind of Chicken cous cous "stuff" the ol' lady is fixing Right NOW--I just heard the cork pop.
and the "triangle" ringing.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFStar One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 179 of 334
Subject: Re: What about the "sex" appeal Date: 7/22/2000 3:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!

>>What about the sex appeal of owning a few shares in a winery.<<

You want "sex" appeal? Check this site out for Maryln Merlot! (Yes, it's a real wine that comes out with a new label every year. It appears that they have more than one pressing, too, with a wine by another name.)

http://www.marilynmerlot.com

Cheers,
TMFStar

Author: SunQuing Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 180 of 334
Subject: Re: What about the "sex" appeal Date: 7/26/2000 3:56 PM
Recommendations: 1
Let's say I want to get really, really fired up. Would you recommend merlot, zinfandel, or sangiovese?

Author: Winedrinker One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 181 of 334
Subject: Re: What about the "sex" appeal Date: 7/26/2000 4:34 PM
Someone from France inquiring about wine? interesting.
Anyway,
Merlot may be the best, but
Zin has the most zest, and
Sangiovese beats the rest for lust.

Cheers! And in France you would say???

Author: SunQuing Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182 of 334
Subject: Re: What about the "sex" appeal Date: 7/26/2000 4:36 PM
Recommendations: 2
<<And in France you would say???>>

Curse life and die!

Author: Winedrinker One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183 of 334
Subject: Re: What about the "sex" appeal Date: 7/26/2000 4:38 PM
It is my understanding that these Monroe Merlots have some collector interest. Thhey seem to be worth more as an oddity than as a beverage.

I saw them when they first came out and scoffed! Dumb wine snob. I could have swapped them off now for some real wine.

Ha! Cheers!

Author: SunQuing Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184 of 334
Subject: Re: What about the "sex" appeal Date: 7/26/2000 4:40 PM
In reality I am not French.

I have a serious comment for the denizens of this board: what is your perception, and your experience with the perception of others, of the 'wine beverage' products; the Wild Vines, Arbor Mist, etc. I suspect it's not overwhelmingly positive, but what about your less knowledgeable friends?

Author: Winedrinker One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 185 of 334
Subject: Re: What about the "sex" appeal Date: 7/26/2000 11:40 PM
Oui! I agree. Good response. The French do have a gusto for life, while at the same time maintain a distain for all that it is.

They do provide some wonderful fulfillments of our general vices however.

Enjoy!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement