Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
What about those businesses (I worked for one back in the 80's) that provide day care to their employee's children as part of their corporate benefits package? Surely that would be considered an "expense" on the corporate tax return....


The difference is the type of entity. Examine most of the entities that provide these "cafeteria" type benefits and you will find them to be C corps. Unfortunatley for the self employed and the owners of S corps such benefits are just not as easily available. They can be provided for the rank and file employees but not for key employees and officer/owners.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.