UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756561  
Subject: What Actual Doctors Think About Obamacare Now Date: 10/13/2012 11:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 9
What Do Actual Doctors Think About Obamacare Now?

"...contrary to those doctors selected to legitimize ObamaCare in the staged media event (where the White House actually handed out white lab coats to generate the image of official credibility), an overwhelming 70 percent of doctors said, even back in 2011, that they disagreed with the AMA’s position on health reform, while only 13 percent agreed with it. In fact, almost half of doctors in that survey even went so far as to say that the AMA stance on ObamaCare was the factor causing them to drop AMA membership.

------------------------------

This past February, 60 percent of more than 5,000 doctors surveyed said the Obama health law would have a negative impact on patient care, while only 22 percent thought it would be positive. And more than half thought it would have a negative impact on their relationships with patients, while only 11 percent thought the doctor-patient relationship would be better. A startling 43 percent said the health care reform itself would likely lead them to retire over the next 5 years, and only 37 percent said that was an unlikely consequence of this law. It is worth repeating that sentiment to understand the impact of ObamaCare – it is viewed as being so destructive that almost half of doctors said they would “likely” soon retire directly because of the law itself."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottatlas/2012/10/11/what-do-ac...

What a disaster.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648605 of 756561
Subject: Re: What Actual Doctors Think About Obamacare No Date: 10/13/2012 11:13 AM
Recommendations: 2
In fact, almost half of doctors in that survey even went so far as to say that the AMA stance on ObamaCare was the factor causing them to drop AMA membership.
-----------------------------------------------------
It was funny when Biden used the AMA and AARP to justify Obamacare.

Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648607 of 756561
Subject: Re: What Actual Doctors Think About Obamacare No Date: 10/13/2012 11:33 AM
Recommendations: 2
In fact, almost half of doctors in that survey even went so far as to say that the AMA stance on ObamaCare was the factor causing them to drop AMA membership.
-----------------------------------------------------
It was funny when Biden used the AMA and AARP to justify Obamacare.

Yeah, but at least AARP is selflessly looking out for the good of the nation.

How the AARP Made $2.8 Billion By Supporting Obamacare's Cuts to Medicare

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2012/09/22/the-aarps-2-8-bi...

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648624 of 756561
Subject: Re: What Actual Doctors Think About Obamacare No Date: 10/13/2012 2:40 PM
Recommendations: 9
A startling 43 percent said the health care reform itself would likely lead them to retire over the next 5 years, and only 37 percent said that was an unlikely consequence of this law.

If you've got enough to retire on, why would you keep working for less and less money? And if you somehow managed to keep your income reasonably high, why would you keep working for less and less takehome pay as taxes increase?

I called the health care system of my dermatologist yesterday to get a mistake in an insurance billing straightened out. In the course of that I had a conversation with the chief billing person. She has close contact with the residents in the system as she's the one who teaches them how to submit charges for billing. She said she hears it from the residents that fewer of the best and brightest will be entering the field of medicine going forward, for simple economic reasons: huge student loans and smaller incomes due to cuts in government reimbursement.

She said that Medicaid now pays 28% of the billed amount and it's likely to get worse. So that while ObamaCare will provide Medicaid insurance to millions who are currently uninsured, good luck trying to find providers willing to take losses on those patients. They will end up using emergency rooms, just like they do now.

If ObamaCare is not stopped, we will get to witness our system turn into the Detroit of health care. Another fifteen years and we'll be reading local stories that sound a lot like today's horror stories coming out of the NHS.

--fleg

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648663 of 756561
Subject: Re: What Actual Doctors Think About Obamacare No Date: 10/13/2012 5:37 PM
Recommendations: 0

And those are the slow morons. I dropped my AMA membership back with the Hillarycare scare of '94.

JLC

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648664 of 756561
Subject: Re: What Actual Doctors Think About Obamacare No Date: 10/13/2012 5:40 PM
If you've got enough to retire on, why would you keep working for less and less money?

DW is almost there. I can see her coming home any day saying it was her last. What is the bigger shame, she said she now has the experience to where the medical part of her job is easy, its all the political crap this is driving her to quit.

Me, I'll keep working, at least for awhile, as an economic safety net. Yes, I'm taking one for the team so DW can be happy.

JLC

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648670 of 756561
Subject: Re: What Actual Doctors Think About Obamacare No Date: 10/13/2012 6:33 PM
Me, I'll keep working, at least for awhile, as an economic safety net. Yes, I'm taking one for the team so DW can be happy.

C'mon, admit it -- you just like hanging around with the nurses all day.

--fleg

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648685 of 756561
Subject: Re: What Actual Doctors Think About Obamacare No Date: 10/13/2012 8:25 PM
And those are the slow morons. I dropped my AMA membership back with the Hillarycare scare of '94.
-------------

The then president of AMA spoke at my son's medical school graduation. He was an idiot. Our son had gone to the universities regular graduation day ceremonies that day where Ted Turner gave the speech. Apparently he was off his meds that day, which our beginning-psychiatrist son could tell. Ted was still better than the AMA guy. Don't think our son ever joined.

arrete

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648718 of 756561
Subject: Re: What Actual Doctors Think About Obamacare No Date: 10/14/2012 9:08 AM
Recommendations: 7
She said that Medicaid now pays 28% of the billed amount and it's likely to get worse. So that while ObamaCare will provide Medicaid insurance to millions who are currently uninsured, good luck trying to find providers willing to take losses on those patients. They will end up using emergency rooms, just like they do now.

Liberals fall into two groups on this issue: those that don't understand this, and those that won't accept it. They both believe that doctors and pharma companies are the twin evils of high medical costs, and that simply paying less to them will result in basically free savings, with no change in the level of service. They make so much that they won't mind working for less, because, after all, that's only 'fair'.

Liberals don't understand that there is no such thing as a free lunch. They will gladly vote for demagogues who tell them that free lunch is a valid choice, and that one need only vote for a Democrat and their wishes will come true.

No amount of failure (viz. current President) will sway their so-called 'thinking' on this subject.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement