UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: awaldschmidt Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75339  
Subject: what are stock index funds? Date: 1/21/2001 3:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
How do I tell what funds in my 401K are actually stock index funds?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Greenerd Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27368 of 75339
Subject: Re: what are stock index funds? Date: 1/21/2001 4:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
awaldschmidt asks .... "How do I tell what funds in my 401K are actually stock index funds?"

Having helped my son with his 401k deal with this problem, I suggest you research each fund available to you. The name will most likely eliminate the bond or money market funds. The name may even include key words hinting at the index componet.

If the funds available are in a large fund family, just go there and do your due diligence i.e. (Research). Request a prospectus from the Human Resources office, (from the 401k representatives)for the funds available. The prospectus will tell if the fund is trying to match an index.

Read what is available to you.
I hope this has been helpful.
Bob

Author: Ringfinger Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27382 of 75339
Subject: Re: what are stock index funds? Date: 1/22/2001 9:58 AM
Reasearch the symbol on Morningstar. That will give you a lot of necessary information. There are other sources, but I found them to cover MF the best.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement