Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: markd03 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 39406  
Subject: What are the Blues smoking part II Date: 7/29/2003 10:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Just found the board fella's. Glad to be here. Went back a few weeks to catch up, and wanted to adress this earlier post.

Johnson seems a decent talent, but from the outside trying to look in, I do not think he has the head yet. I remember the story about him injuring his ankle right before training camp last year, I forgot the details, but he did it jacking around some how.

Osbad is not the answer. He rode a great teams' coat tails to win his only Cup. I know, he won two, but Vernon played the first one.

If we trade for Cujo, I will not watch one Blues game all year. Born to lose.

Best Blues team of late with a chance to win the Cup was when Keenen was coach, and had a veteran team including Gretzky, Tikkanin, Anderson and others, and we lost a seven game series to Vancuvor in the first or second round. Cujo sucked it up in all four loses. Look at his Team Canada past. Always pulled for the next guy.

I will also not watch one Blues game this year if Pavel Demitra is on the squad. What a chiken shi? European this one is. I don't care what his stats are every year. Look up his stats against the Wings, Av's, Stars every regular season, vs. what he does against the Predators and Blue Jackets. BFD

His playoff performances are even more sickening. One hard clean hit, and he is done for the rest of the playoffs. Snow sprayer if I ever saw one.

Stevens-Shanahan-Pronger deals. Going after Shanahan, and losing Stevens still haunts the franchise. Getting Pronger was genius by Keenen. Pronger is a top three D in the league when healthy. He has not been healthy since he broke his forearm two years ago. If he is healthy this year, he will have a major impact again.

Don't worry, I will probably watch the Blues again. I always say I quit.

See you guys around, at least for one more year anyway.

Mark
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement