Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My wife and I both work, my income is around $80,000 and hers around $20,000. I wanted to figure out which method of filing would saves us more money on taxes, but before I had a chance, she had her taxes done and I just found out that by filing "married filing separate" I get practically nothing in return. My question is: is there anything I can do to refile a joint return for this year? I sure would appreciate your answers.
very grateful
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.