Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
What do YOU do in retirement?

DH retired 6 years ago. I worked from home or on the road 20-25 hours a week for his first two years of his retirement. Then I cut back to 5 hours a week for another two years and I've been retired for two years now.

We sleep in. We try and pick up our grandchild from school once a week & go to his swimming practices when we are home. We go on our grandchild's field trips & school events when possible. We try and do our 3 mile walk several times a week and it's so nice to be able to do that during the warmest part of the day in the winter months.

The best part of being retired is the travel! We take off in our RV in the fall for 4 - 10 weeks depending on what else is going on. We usually do a spring RV trip too, but it's usually not as long. We've taken two cruises so far and loved them both. One was to Alaska and this year we did a 20 Panama Canal cruise. We had driven to the 49 continental states so last year we flew to Hawaii. I do all the travel research and let me tell you that is TIME consuming! I spent two months just doing research on VBRO places to stay for the Hawaii trip.

Utahtea
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement