Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mheusser One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 294  
Subject: What do you think of this plan? Date: 8/25/2009 2:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Folks:

I am risk-averse and I don't trust paper (eg stocks). I believe the market forces such as day-traders, brokerage houses, even senior management of some companies have a conflict of interest with Joe long-term retirement investor(*). Yet I recognize that the stock market has had a decent historical return.

I just re-jiggered by retirement plans to put a large % of my tax-advantaged money in an annuity that is insured, acts like a CD, and is guaranteed to return 3% annually; it is currently returning 4.2. Here's my strategy:

Of current Savings, % in:
Taxed-Advantaged Annuities: 57%
Precious Metals Funds: 5%
Savings: 10%
Tax-Advantages ("401K") Mutual Funds: 21%
Morally-Responsible Mutual Funds: 6%

The percentage of current income I plan to add to these funds:
Taxed-Advantaged Annuities: 3%
Precious Metals Funds: 4.4%
Savings: 1%
Tax-Advantages ("401K") Mutual Funds: 7% income+3% match
Morally-Responsible Mutual Funds: 0%

Plus I am paying off my house faster by doubling my equity payment. We have no debt besides the house.

What do you think of this plan? And is there a different forum I should be posting these things in?

regards,

--heusser
(*) -Don't believe me? I had money in the Strong funds before and during the Canary Partners scandal. Those people /stole/ from me.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement