Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
What do you usually spend a month for the two of you? Do you budget groceries or just buy them and spend whatever?

We usually spend about $350/mo which includes other items such as paper procucts, detergents, etc but does not include dining out. We normally buy lots of fresh fruits and veggies which seem to be very expensive. I also tend to buy quite a few "specialty" items for receipes and that boosts the bill too.

We did buy an upright freezer to try and cut our grocery costs by stocking up on meat and other frozen items when they are really cheap, (whole chickens $0.39/lb here this week!).

I really think that there is a wide difference in prices all over the country. I almost had a heart attack when I first shopped in Dayton, because the prices were so much higher than in Pittsburgh (I would have thought the opposite to be true). I think the main reason is the lack of competition in the Dayton market.

Dawn

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement