UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Steiner74 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10536  
Subject: What else do I need? Date: 1/28/2007 2:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
So I wound up getting the Hitachi 42HDS69 (42" plasma)which isn't getting delivered until Saturday. I'm not going to have a fancy set up by an stretch of the imagination, but am just looking to get as much satisfaction as possible with what I have to work with at this time. I will not be hooking up a receiver or any speakers to the tv at this time, so I will only be using the speakers that come on the tv. I will be getting an HD DVR box from Cablevision that includes an HDMI input, and my tv has 3 HDMI slots. First, should I really go with HDMI with such a basic set up that I have? Not sure if it's worth it at this point. Also, do I need to go with Monster cables, or will other brands do the trick for my situation? I saw a surge protector/home theater power center at Costco for only $39.99 that looked similar to one of the Monster power centers I saw. Is there anything specifically I should be looking for when shopping for this? In addition, I have a DVD player that's more than 6 years old, though it is in excellent condition. Does it make sense to switch to a DVD player with progressive scan? I'm assuming at some point I will look to buy surround sound, but not right away. Just trying to find ways to maximize my initial investment with not breaking the bank on extras right away.

- Steiner74
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement