Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ricpir Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21  
Subject: What growth should we expect ?? Date: 6/20/2006 12:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Looking at last quarters the growth is incredibly high but sales are growing something like 18%.
It is normal that when a company is growing and margins are improving the EPS and the cash flow grow much faster than sales and this is happening right now in WBD.
But this is not sustainable, in the long term we can assume that EPS and cash flow will grow more in line with sales.
I am very surprised that analysts following this stock are forecasting 43% EPS growth for the next 5 years (according to Yahoo) and at the same time 4 analysts grade it a Hold and only one a buy.
If this company grows earnings by 43% in the next year I would put all my money in it and I think it will at least triple in price in the next 5 years, how can it be then that they rated a "Hold"???
And how is WBD going to manage to achieve a 43% growth in EPS, for acomplishing that it should grow sales at least 30 or 35% or continue expanding margins very strongly???
I like this company, I like the bussiness, but this inconsitencies make me hesitate.
I think I will start a position with 1/3 and then wait for better prices and for better information I really can't believe the 43% growth when it is growing sales by 18%.
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.
Ricardo.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement