Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SocialRespInvest Mission Olympia 2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1586  
Subject: What happened today? Date: 4/12/2011 12:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Did anyone see any news today that might explain a 8.4% drop?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: anthonyms Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1572 of 1586
Subject: Re: What happened today? Date: 4/13/2011 10:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
no but I don't think this share price has much to do with such fundamentals as news flow etc. I think maybe it just peaked. Watch out for a break of the log trend line. If that goes (high 40s), it's a long way down.
a

Author: anthonyms Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1573 of 1586
Subject: Re: What happened today? Date: 5/10/2011 8:33 PM
PANL is dangerously poised now. It either finds some support here (I can't see much or it needs to get back up to the gap down (56 down to 51) area and at least retake 50. Otherwise it could go down a long way.

It is still a 1.83bn company with only 3 royalty clients (only one announced SMD), some development and R&D revenues and loss making. Apparently the OLED market was worth 1bn last year and PANL only captured 30m even though there are only 2-3 OLED operators so it has done a poor job at capturing the value chain as well as failing to make profit.

On a linear chart it is right on the cusp:
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=PANL+Interactive#symbol=p...

On a log chart it the support line comes in around 37 I think.
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=PANL+Interactive#symbol=p...

I didn't find the results, earnings transcript or fundamentals compelling enough to get in at this stage despite an 18% drop.

a

Author: anthonyms Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1574 of 1586
Subject: Re: What happened today? Date: 5/11/2011 8:32 PM
Recommendations: 2
The Fool's take on it summarises the issues...

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2011/05/11/this-just-i...

Author: PHOINIX20 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1575 of 1586
Subject: Re: What happened today? Date: 5/15/2011 7:29 PM
The stock has been on a tear and it's time for
a breather. How low, I do not know but I would not
be surprised to see it go to mid 20s.

PHOINIX20
The Eternal Bird

Author: anthonyms Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1576 of 1586
Subject: Re: What happened today? Date: 5/15/2011 7:46 PM
Fundamentals wise I can see it going a lot lower but mid 20s would be a start. That would take it back to a 1bn mkt cap. (Still 20x Sales - not earnings). Technical analysis may suggest mid 30s but to be honest it seems pretty unsupportable there in no mans land.

I guess it all depends how much unwinding the warrants position will move it into profit which I have seen timetabled as 2nd half this year through to 1-2 years time.

a

Author: PHOINIX20 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1583 of 1586
Subject: Re: What happened today? Date: 9/25/2011 2:01 PM
Antho.......

I wrote mid 20s.....

You replied... mid 30s.....

Well, look what is going on today...............

PHOINIX20
The Eternal Bird

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement