Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: hal2025 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 141  
Subject: What happens now? Date: 1/14/2013 2:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What will happen to Zipcar shares if stock holders hold on to their shares?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: HitAnyKey42 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133 of 141
Subject: Re: What happens now? Date: 1/14/2013 2:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
What will happen to Zipcar shares if stock holders hold on to their shares?

What I have been told is that come time at the end of the buyout, your broker will sell your shares and the cash for the transaction will appear in your account. Depending on who your broker is, this should not incur any fees at all. For example, I asked ShareBuilder directly and their statement to me was that I wouldn't even be charged the usual $9.95 commission that you would get charged if you sold them on your own.
So take your # of shares, multiply that by $12.25, and that amount of cash will end up in your account.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement