No. of Recommendations: 0
What happens when your income, over time, exceeds the $95,000-$110,000 limit? do you need to re-characterize your Roth IRA? what does that entail and at what point do you need to do that?

Each year stands alone. If your income increases to the point that you can't make more Roth contributions, you just can't make more contributions. There's no change in your existing account, and as long as you obey the rules on withdrawals, it remains tax-free.

Phil Marti
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.