No. of Recommendations: 5
What have you done "frugal" lately?

I stuck to my Christmas budget. And postponed buying a better TV.

I agreed to be part of a study for a new technique in cataract surgery in return for a $475 break on the cost. I replaced my one prescription with a much cheaper herbal remedy. So far, so good. And we now take half as much calcium since our levels are finally up to snuff. And I decided we could stop taking vitamins A and C, since we eat so much green and orange veggies.

I set the thermostat to 65 for the duration of winter (except maybe when we have guests).

My husband repaired the fridge and the toilet, saving at least $200.

Since I lived temporarily without a dryer in NYC and hung my laundry on drying racks, I now dry some of the laundry on drying racks at home (since I don't have radiators here, I put a rack in the bathtub).

Now that my husband's retired, we mostly drive the Prius around town (before it was his commute vehicle and I ran errands and I tooled around in the CR-V, which gets half as good gas mileage).

I'm FINALLY starting to put together my price book!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement